Welcome to the Manitoba death certificate application page of VitalCertificates.ca.
Required as legal proof of death, to settle the estate of the deceased and to apply for pension and insurance benefits, Manitoba death certificates can be ordered by proceeding to step 1 below.
- Complete, print and sign the appropriate application form
- Fax, scan and email or mail your completed and signed form
Scan & Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgFax: 1-866-265-6300Mail: Express Legal
- Receive your certificate by mail or courier
Who Can Apply For a Manitoba Death Certificate With This Application?
This site is available for use by the legal profession and general public to obtain Manitoba Government approved and official certificates of death issued by the government agency as an independent authorized agent.
Death certificates in Manitoba may be released to:
- A spouse, child, parent or sibling of the deceased; or
- The executor or administrator of the estate of the deceased.
Fees & Processing Times
Payment can be made by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, cheque or money order – Please make cheque or money order payable to “ExpressLegal”.
Certificates ordered with regular service take approximately 2 weeks to be processed. Delivery time is extra.
Certificates ordered with rush service take approximately 1 business day to be processed. Delivery time is extra.
Service times listed above are approximations and are not guaranteed. Incomplete or inaccurate applications will significantly delay processing time.
- Death Certificate – $75.00 each (includes all taxes and mailing costs)
- Certified Photocopy of Death Registration – $75.00 each
- Rush Service to Canada – $40.00 additional courier cost (includes multiple certificates)
- Rush Service to U.S.A. – $50.00 additional courier cost (includes multiple certificates)
- Rush Service to International Destinations – $80.00 additional courier cost (includes multiple certificates)
Fees include all taxes, search, shipping and processing charges.
If no record of the death is found by the Manitoba Vital Statistics Agency, fees will be applied to the search cost and will not be refunded by the Agency.
All death certificates in Manitoba are mailed directly from the Manitoba Vital Statistics Agency.
Manitoba Death Certificate
Contains the individual’s full name, gender, date of death, place of death, place of birth, resident province, state or country, registration number, and date of registration.
Manitoba Certified Copy of Death Registration
Contains all the information appearing on the original registration of death. Photocopies are rarely needed by citizens and are, by law, for restricted use only. They are generally only required for court or consulate purposes.
Do you require the status of your submitted application?
If you have not received your ordered death certificate within the time expected, please call toll-free at 1-866-949-9296.