Applications for New Brunswick birth certificates are available to be securely ordered online by proceeding to step 1 below.
We act as agents for expediting vital certificate applications. We are not affiliated with any government agency. Vital certificates and forms may be ordered from the relevant government agency for free or a lesser cost. This site is available for use by the general public and legal profession to obtain government approved and official certificates issued by the government agency.
We accept all major credit cards and cheques. Most government vital record offices do not provide online ordering services or accept all major credit cards.
Our secure online ordering service saves you the hassle of having to personally attend government offices which often have long lineups. We also provide expert assistance and thorough review of all pertinent information to ensure compliance with government rules and regulations resulting in you receiving your certificate without additional delays. We guarantee that if there are additional delays, or if you do not receive your certificate for any reason, we will promptly provide a full refund.
Our experience and expertise makes the process of obtaining your vital record quick, easy and free of complications. We know exactly where and how to obtain your vital record and we make sure your order will not be rejected. Our helpful customer service representatives can provide email or phone order confirmation not available when ordering through the government agency and are readily available during business hours to provide any assistance.
- Complete, print and sign the appropriate application form
- Fax, scan and email or mail your completed and signed form
Scan & Email: email@example.comFax: 1-866-265-6300Mail: Express Legal
- Receive your certificate by mail or courier
Who Can Apply For a New Brunswick Birth Certificate With This Application?
This site is available for use by the legal profession and general public to obtain New Brunswick Government approved and official certificates of birth issued by the government agency as an independent authorized agent.
Original or replacement birth certificates may be released to:
- The person whose birth is registered; or
- A person whose name appears as a parent on the registration of the birth, if the person whose birth is registered is 18 years of age or younger; or
- A guardian of the person whose birth is registered, if the person whose birth is registered is 18 years of age or younger (custodial guardians must provide a copy of guardianship papers);
Fees & Processing Times
If you are applying for a New Brunswick birth certificate to support an application for other identification such as a Passport, Driver’s License etc., please check with the issuing agency to ensure you obtain the correct certificate. Changes cannot be made once an order has been placed.
Payment can be made by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, cheque or money order – Please make cheque or money order payable to “ExpressLegal”
Certificates ordered with regular service average 15-20 business days to be processed and delivered.
Certificates ordered with courier service average 10-15 business days to be processed and delivered.
Certificates ordered with expedited and courier service average 3-5 business days to be processed and delivered.
Service times listed above are approximations and are not guaranteed. Incomplete or inaccurate applications will significantly delay processing time.
- Individual Birth Certificate – $75.00 each
- Family Birth Certificate – $80.00 each
- Courier Service – additional cost:
$16.50 to NB, NS, or PE
$33.00 to Canada
$45.00 to USA
- Expedited and Courier Service – additional cost:
$66.50 to NB, NS, or PE
$83.00 to Canada
$95.00 to USA
Fees include all taxes, search, shipping and processing charges.
If no record of the birth is found by New Brunswick Vital Statistics, fees will be applied to the search cost and will not be refunded.
All birth certificates in New Brunswick are sent directly from New Brunswick Vital Statistics.
New Brunswick Family Information Birth Certificate (Framing Size)
The Family Information Birth Certificate contains the individual’s name, date of birth, place of birth, sex, parent’s names, parent’s place of birth, registration date, registration number and date of issue.
New Brunswick Individual Information Birth Certificate (Short Form)
The Individual Information Birth Certificate contains the individual’s name, date of birth, place of birth, sex, registration date, registration number and date of issue.
New Security-Enhanced Birth Certificates
On September 16th, 2008, New Brunswick introduced a new, more secure and durable birth certificate. The new certificate is made of high-security plastic, making it extremely durable and enabling more than 20 security features. The previous paper birth certificates are no longer available.
Although there is no requirement to do so at this time, New Brunswick born residents may order a new format birth certificate. While the old certificates will not be invalidated, in some instances, where identity security is of utmost importance, citizens may be asked by other agencies to provide the new more secure document as proof of identity or citizenship. Vital Statistics will not exchange a pre-2008 certificate free of charge.
The new certificate is 125 mm wide by 176 mm high. A wallet size certificate is no longer available.
It is designed to discourage people from carrying it in their wallet or purse (thousands of certificates are reported lost or stolen every month).
The stock for the new document is high security polymer (plastic).
The certificate has:
- Two transparent windows — one with a colour shifting property and one with three floating maple leaves; unique watermark/shadow features — maple leaves; Canada geese;
- Thread feature containing the word “CANADA” repeated;
- Tactile printing similar to that found on Canadian currency;
- Colour shifting window with the word “CANADA” in three waves below the clear window containing the maple leaves (purple/green); and
- Contains the provincial/territorial coat of arms in colour with the jurisdiction’s seal and a signature.
- The new design also contains certain forensic features that assist authorities in determining the validity of the document.
- The individual information certificate contains the individual’s name, date of birth, place of birth and sex.
Do you require the status of your submitted application?
If you have not received your ordered birth certificate within the time expected, please call toll-free at 1-888-762-8600.