Welcome to the Saskatchewan birth certificate application page of VitalCertificates.ca.
Required to establish legal identity, obtain a Canadian passport, apply for a health card, driver’s license, social insurance number, enroll in school, settle an estate or access pension benefits, Saskatchewan birth certificates can be ordered by proceeding to step 1 below.
Express Legal and eHealth Saskatchewan’s process and delivery time is approximately 34 business days for regular service or 10 business days for rush service. Delivery times are average delivery times and cannot be guaranteed. All taxes and shipping included.
- Complete, print and sign the appropriate application form
- Fax, scan and email or mail your completed and signed form
Scan & Email: email@example.comFax: 1-866-265-6300Mail: Express Legal
- Receive your certificate by mail or courier
Who Can Apply For a Saskatchewan Birth Certificate With This Application?
This site is available for use by the legal profession and general public to obtain Saskatchewan Government approved and official certificates of birth issued by the government agency as an independent authorized agent.
Original or replacement birth certificates may be released to:
- The person whose birth is registered; or
- A person whose name appears as a parent on the registration of the birth; or
- A guardian of the person whose birth is registered (custodial guardians must provide a copy of guardianship papers); or
- If the subject is deceased, an executor for the estate (copy of Will must be submitted with application).
Fees & Processing Times
If you are applying for a Saskatchewan birth certificate to support an application for other identification such as a Passport, Driver’s License etc., please check with the issuing agency to ensure you obtain the correct certificate. Changes cannot be made once an order has been placed.
Payment can be made by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, cheque or money order – Please make cheque or money order payable to “ExpressLegal”
Certificates ordered with regular service average 34 business days to be processed and delivered.
Certificates ordered with rush service average 10 business days to be processed and delivered.
Service times listed above are approximations and are not guaranteed. Incomplete or inaccurate applications will significantly delay processing time.
- Birth Certificate – $75.00 each
- Certified Photocopy of Birth Registration – $110.00 each
- Genealogical Photocopy – $100.00 each
- Search Letter – $100.00 each
- Rush Service – additional priority processing cost (includes multiple certificates)
Fees include all taxes, search, shipping and processing charges.
If no record of the birth is found by eHealth Saskatchewan, fees will be applied to the search cost and will not be refunded.
All birth certificates in Saskatchewan are mailed / couriered directly from eHealth Saskatchewan.
Saskatchewan Individual Information Birth Certificate
The individual information certificate contains the individual’s name, date of birth, place of birth and sex.
Saskatchewan Family Information Birth Certificate
The family information birth certificate contains the individual’s name, date of birth, place of birth, sex, parent(s) name(s) and their birthplace(s)
Saskatchewan Certified Copy of Birth Registration
This a photocopy of the actual birth registration as filled in by the parents. It is legally the most complete document. The photocopy is certified as a true copy of the original.
NOTE: Certified copies are rarely needed by citizens and are, by law, for restricted use only. They are generally only required for court or consulate purposes. They are not recommended for use as identification purposes.
Saskatchewan Genealogical Photocopy
A genealogical photocopy of a Registration of Birth contains all the information that appears on the original registration. This photocopy is stamped “For Genealogy Only”.
A search letter states that according to the eHealth Saskatchewan office the birth is or is not recorded. The exact date of birth is not provided or confirmed.
New Security-Enhanced Birth Certificates
On March 10th, 2008, Saskatchewan introduced a new, more secure and durable birth certificate. The new certificate is made of high-security plastic, making it extremely durable and enabling more than 20 security features. The previous paper birth certificates are no longer available.
Although there is no requirement to do so at this time, Saskatchewan born residents may order a new format birth certificate. While the old certificates will not be invalidated, in some instances, where identity security is of utmost importance, citizens may be asked by other agencies to provide the new more secure document as proof of identity or citizenship. eHealth Saskatchewan will not exchange a pre-2008 certificate free of charge.
The new certificate is 125 mm wide by 176 mm high. A wallet size certificate is no longer available.
It is designed to discourage people from carrying it in their wallet or purse (thousands of certificates are reported lost or stolen every month).
The stock for the new document is high security polymer (plastic).
The certificate has:
- Two transparent windows — one with a colour shifting property and one with three floating maple leaves; unique watermark/shadow features — maple leaves; Canada geese;
- Thread feature containing the word “CANADA” repeated;
- Tactile printing similar to that found on Canadian currency;
- Colour shifting window with the word “CANADA” in three waves below the clear window containing the maple leaves (purple/green); and
- Contains the provincial/territorial coat of arms in colour with the jurisdiction’s seal and a signature.
- The new design also contains certain forensic features that assist authorities in determining the validity of the document.
- The individual information certificate contains the individual’s name, date of birth, place of birth and sex.
If you have not received your ordered birth certificate within the time expected, please call 1-855-eHS-LINK (347-5465).